Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Not Backing Down!

The enemy has been on my case lately. He's practically made camp on my back porch. Whispering doubts in my ear to the point that the wall that I have been building was down. And then he attacked, loud and clear! And sadly, he used someone else's words to do it. Whether this person knew it or not, Satan was using him/her to break my spirit...and it worked.
By yesterday, the enemy's taunts were ringing in my ears and by this morning my reserve was gone. I was ready to be normal.
So I woke up this morning and begged God to give me....something. I didn't even know what to pray for. I was craving some sort of encouragement. I needed to know that what I have been doing is the right thing. Or would it matter if I slipped back in to being "normal"? I needed to hear from Him. But I got nothing...He was silent.
Discouraged, I got up, put on a pair of jean,s and let the boys watch whatever they wanted. This, to some, may not be a huge deal and to most probably sounds very trivial. But in our home this was pretty big.
Then I checked my facebook, and I found these words of encouragement from my wonderful husband ,

"I want you to know how proud I am to be married to such a Godly woman, a woman who can stand up for what she believes in, and a great mother and wife who shines Gods light in our home. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!"

And this from my pastor:
When you become tired and weary in the work of the Lord remember, "for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

I prayed a tearful thanksgiving to my Lord for using these men to lift me up when I was giving up.
So to the devil I say, "Go away! You are not welcome here! In the name of Jesus, you will leave my house not to return! I will keep being the woman God has called me to be. I will keep His standards for myself and my children, not yours or this worlds!"

On a side note, if anyone would like to know what I have decided in regard to the superhero issue. Bubba (new alias!) will be phasing out of secular superheros, and will be encouraged to look up to Bibleman and real life heroes. I am just not comfortable with him looking up to characters that go against God's standards.

Mrs. B

No comments: